Our Developers and QAs
We Hire The Right Developers For You
Hiring a Web or Software Developer, or a Mobile developer can be a roll of the dice when you are in the same room as the candidates – even more true when hiring from a distance. Poor hiring (or no-hire) decisions are costly in terms of time and money. Its the job of Get[Devs] to remove as many variables as possible to dramatically improve your chances of finding the people you want to keep for the long-haul.
While the final hiring and compensation decisions will always be the client’s, we view it as our role to stack the odds in your favor. We generally divide the recruiting process into Technical and an HR based evaluations. We involve the client as much or as little as they would like in these processes. Over the years we have found that the most successful hires have involved very heavy client participation during the screening process.
On the technical side (with heavy client participation) we like to get to know a candidate better through:
- Code Samples/Reviews
- Technical Examinations
- Small project exams
- Verification of roles on past projects
- Similar Technical Evaluations for Quality Assurance Engineers available
The HR team leads screening in the following:
- Skills / Job / Culture match evaluation
- Written and Spoken English communication skills. You will likely find that nearly all of our Developers and QAs speak and write at a near-native level.
- Personality and Psychological evaluations (upon request)
- Reference checks
- Past employment verification
- Background checks (upon request)
- NBI (police) clearance
- 3rd party background checks
- Buy-in from your existing team members already co-employed with Get[Devs]
3 Top Benefits of Our Offshore Developer Hiring Process
1. As the person in charge, you don’t have to do everything yourself. When beginning a start-up that is looking to hire a backend staff or creating a new software project, you have enough to do. We are here to find the best specialists in the field you are looking for to give you as an option for our co-employee positions. When we find the right person for you, you can add them to your team.
2. Outsourcing your development team will allow you to scale your project efficiently. One of the biggest issues software development companies face is growing to quickly or the opposite, growing too slowly. When you use Get[Devs] for your development team, you will have a professional service that helps you to scale the size of your team efficiently.
3. You can outsource tasks that require a specialist in the field, like a Ruby programmer. These types of specialists are in high demand and hard to find in many local areas. But Get[Devs] is able to produce specialist like this for you.
That means we go out and bring in more than one candidate, put them through our hiring process and give you the choices of the cream of the crop. You can use these developers for a long-term or short term contract, depending on your project. For instance, if you will need the Ruby programmer mentioned above to become a part of your development team for only 6 months, then that will be the contract offered to them.
Of course, we will give you our honest, unbiased opinions about who your best match is – but ultimately it is your decision. We have found that buy-in is a key success factor in not only the relationship between you and your developers, but also your success with any Distributed Development initiative.